You should never feel afraid to become a piece of art. It’s exhilarating. – Nicki Minaj
This is an extremely short clip by Nicki Minaj. The meaning behind the message is plain and simple!
Just Be Yourself And Stop Looking For Acceptance
Millions of people are walking around this planet, looking like the average Joe (or the average Joanna).
And it all comes down to the fact that people seek approval to express who they really are.
Yes, I’m talking to you.
- You don’t need the approval of another human being…
- You don’t need to be accepted to be yourself…
- You don’t need to kiss ass and be something you’re not…
- You don’t need to act like someone you’re not to get the respect you deserve…
- You don’t need to BEG for the respect of those who don’t respect YOU for who you are…
All that is a losing battle. It’s daft, dumb, pointless, time wasting, energy consuming and not worth the effort.
Be yourself without fear of criticism and you’ll attract the right people into your circle.
Having the right people in your circle is 1000 times better than being surrounded by pretenders.
My personal experience
When ever I wasn’t being true to myself in my life I’d attract similar people to me. And people of this nature aren’t friends in the slightest.
I’m talking about the type of people who have you around for convenience, but will back-stab you and lie directly to your face.
When you radiate authenticity that problem will no longer occur. That’s been my personal experience.
So express the REAL you and don’t kid yourself any longer. It’ll be for your own good (and the good of your self confidence).